Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Why Hillary Supporters Have Ruined Hillary For Me

Before I begin, I would like to reiterate this, I am 19 years old, I am a realist, I have already voted for Bernie Sanders in the North Carolina Primary, and as of now I'm just waiting to see if Bernie can somehow beat Hillary against all odds or if she'll come out on top.


So, I'm decently well-known for having the Twitter account, TeenForBernie, which has now amassed over 8000 followers, which I personally think is pretty impressive if I do say so myself.

Anyway, I'm a normal supporter for my age, all I do is tweet stuff about Bernie Sanders and against Hillary Clinton and Trump, occasionally retweet some other Bernie accounts, just the regular. Anyway, it's pretty common for Bernie and Hillary supporters to get in fights on Twitter, but this is one of the things I tend to avoid.

First and foremost, I never directly tweet at a Hillary supporter. Like if a Hillary supporter tweets, "Bernie can't win" from their account, you're not going to see me replying to that tweet. Now, if I tweet something like, "I really hope Bernie can win", maybe some Hillary supporter will reply something negative about Bernie, but 90% of the time I ignore. The other 10% I'll reply if I can clearly see there's misinformation, then I'll reply with actual links to proof that solidify my argument and negate theirs.

So why am I telling you this? Here's why. Recently, I've noticed Hillary supporters replying to my tweets in rather rude manners and then instantly blocking me.  Yesterday, May 30th, this happened again, and for once, I decided to actually see the person behind the block.

I went on my own personal account, and I direct messaged this person and explained the situation. At first it went well, they actually apologized for blocking me and we talked a little bit about the issues and it seemed to go well.

But like I said, I have over 8000 followers, and when someone replies to me, others normally notice. So apparently, according to this Hillary supporter, who is an adult women, some of my followers were replying to her and attacking her. Now, I didn't even notice that at all, but she was already accusing me of setting my followers off on her.

Honestly, this just pissed me off, cause I simply didn't. I had respectfully direct messaged her to ask her why she had blocked me and all of a second she turned on me and stared accusing me. I simply told her that I didn't care if other people were attacking her and that I simply didn't set people on her.

She responded that I was a "typical Bernie bro" and then proceeded to block my personal account, but I found out that she later even attacked my personal account and several other Hillary supporters tweeted at me calling me "spoiled" and all sorts of other things.

Now, here is the tweet that she used to reply to me that started everything:

I thought the tweet was condescending and simply ageist. I've already dealt with plenty of people claiming that I can't understand politics due to my age. The fact that she turned herself into a victim when she attacked me first is just ironic. I tried to treat her with respect and simply because of my political preference she treated me like I was some sort of horrible person. 

So, basically, this is the furthest I've tried to go with a Hillary supporter, and at the end of the day, she proved to me why Hillary supporters are worse than Hillary. 

Hillary Clinton wants Bernie supporters to unite behind her if she wins, it doesn't seem that Hillary supporters treat us with the same respect. So, I hope Hillary Clinton reads this, because I'm not a liar. I was honestly shocked when all of this happened, and I know it's a tense situation right now, but from this point on, I'm not replying to any Hillary supporters and I hope they stop attacking me, but I know they won't. I still, truly hope that Bernie wins, because sure, the "Berniebros" have a bad rep for themselves, but I've never been "harassed" by a Berniebro. 

7 comments:

  1. Argghh the ageism. It seems like once the Hillbots have run out of arguments, they just start calling Bernie a bad candidate because his supporters tend to be young. Smh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, having already garnered the support of over 400 super-delegates before the nominating process even began, I figure she WILL get the nomination. I do think, also, that Hillary IS beginning to recognize how unhappy a large section of the voting public is with the current political process, both republicans and democrats, like the super delegate process, the states that hold closed primaries unless you declare yourself as a democrat or a republican. I switched parties from democratic to independent in 1999 after acknowledging that the nominating process is rigged. I did vote for Obama since I can vote for anyone as an independent in federal elections. I have also voted for one KS republican governor for both terms and one congressman (now a Sen since Brownback left and (gag me)became our governor. I vote candidate over party which is why I no longer believe in the current political system. I am 61 and have seen it all. I was surprised when KS, a extremely red state, held its caucus and the public statewide chose Bernie Sanders over Hillary Clinton 7-1. I attended the caucus with my son and his friends in Hutchinson, KS and the line was blocks long at the KS State Fairgrounds. Once inside the organizers had BS supporters sit on the left side and the Hillary supporters sit on the right side to make counting easier. BS supporters of all ages, although primarily under 40, filled all the seats on the left side, four rows from front to back, while Hillary supporters only took up three rows of the right side. Our spokesperson was a HCC college professor, a local union leader, and a rep from the Reno County Women's Democrats. I was amazed by the number of Hispanics/Latinos, disabled, factory workers, some farmers, college students, women, couples, and more. The turnout for this years Democratic caucus was the largest in KS history. Whether in Wichita, Topeka, Kansas City KS BS won in every one. Of course in the western counties and rural counties the support was all for Ted Cruz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Voting for Hillary will be the hardest vote of my life, but I'll have to do it because I don't want the Supreme Court to be stacked with Trump appointees for the next 40 years.

    Hillary's supporters have been very rude to me as well on Twitter, while phone banking and elsewhere. Not sure why they're like that, but they're definitely not helping their candidate.

    ReplyDelete