Sunday, May 29, 2016

Would You Be Content With Vice President Bernie?

Personal Note: I, as a person am working as hard as I can to get Bernie into office and I believe he still can. As a realist, I also check every option available, and it's interesting to see what other people see. 

Well, it's nearing towards the end of the 2016 primary season, many Bernie supporters are working as hard as they can to take Bernie all the way to a contested convention. Still, a great shadow looms, the fact that it just might not be enough to beat Hillary Clinton. So, I decided to ask around, and see if people would be fine with Bernie Sanders being the Vice President next to Hillary Clinton.

To do this, I decided to actually ask the general public, aka my 7000+ followers on my Twitter account (@TeenForBernie), to vote on a poll about the subject.

The majority of my followers are strong Bernie supporters, so I believed it would be a good audience to pop the question to. After playing a few games of 8 Ball Pool, I went and took a look at the results of the poll.

The results honestly surprised me.

After over 100 votes were cast from Bernie supporters across the nation, here are the results:


It seems a strong amount of Bernie supporters dislike Hillary so much that they wouldn't want to see her in the White House, even if Bernie was by her side. Still, a strong amount of Bernie supporters seem to be fine with it, and with margin of error, the number could be much closer in reality. 

Of course, many people also think if Bernie can't be President, he can have more of a pull in the Senate or in some other position. 

So what do you think? If it comes down to it, should Bernie try to be Hillary's VP? Well, let's hope he managed to win, but who knows what will happen. The poll will be up for many more days to come, so if you would like to vote on it, feel free to do so

10 comments:

  1. Bernie Sander for President.

    Hillary Clinton to jail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking for real change. Not lip service. Bernie is the only hope. Is anyone paying attention?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking for real change. Not lip service. Bernie is the only hope. Is anyone paying attention?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No. IF BERNIE does not win nomination, he can be more effective in the Senate. What I would really like to see is Sanders/Warren ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No. IF BERNIE does not win nomination, he can be more effective in the Senate. What I would really like to see is Sanders/Warren ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Bernie would do better to stay in the Senate. Frankly, I feel it would damage his reputation as a true Progressive to be her VP, unless she was willing to give him some real authority to work on the matters he is passionate about while she dealt with foreign policy. I really don't see that happening, but I could be wrong. It is, however, the only way I would vote for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I would be content with Sanders as VP, and I don't expect he would be one of those VPs we never hear from!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I would be content. Of course, we would prefer Bernie as President, but Hillary has won the nomination. She is not that bad, and Bernie can make her better. The main thing is that it's not Trump.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sanders would not serve during the Vietnam war. He was a conscientious objector. While I try not to question another's convictions, this alone makes him unqualified to be Commander in chief.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If this is the only way he can continue to get his voice heard if Hillary gets the nomination, probably. I would, however, much rather see Bernie Sanders take this all the way to the convention and at least have a chance to take some of the super delegates away from Hillary and perhaps the nomination, as well. At the very least the DNC would have to acknowledge that the system needs to be changed and the public can provide their voice to unhappy we all are with politics as usual, big money in politics, the way candidates lobby for vote. Of course they all say, even Hillary, that she doesn't make promises in exchange for the $. The kickers is, SHE, and every candidate knows the expectation is there, because no one gives away hundreds of thousands or millions of $ to a candidate for the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete