Thursday, June 9, 2016

Why Bernie Supporters Must Never Vote For Trump

*The Following Is Not An Endorsement of Any Candidates For The General Election* 



First thing's first, I'm a Bernie supporter and I support the political revolution to it's full extent. I believe we can continue this by electing more and more progressives into the House and Senate. I believe that Bernie Sanders' revolution doesn't have to die. But, I am also a realist, and here's what I want to share.

It is clear, we are now faced with choices many people find unpleasant, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are the presumptive nominees.

Donald Trump, a bigot, a liar, a racist, a sexist, and simply everything any progressive should stand against. He is something that would send this country into a backwards spiral like never seen before. Even our last two Republican Presidents don't support him.

Hillary Clinton, owned by Wall Street and does whatever seems to get her the biggest paycheck from the establishment. Her views seem to change as time changes, and we truly don't know what she will be saying two years from now. She tries to connect with the people, but is she really one of us?

Then of course there are the two third party candidates I'm aware of, Jill Stein and Gary Johnson. Stein is from the Green Party, she is very progressive and if I had to compare any other candidate to Bernie, it would be her. Johnson is a libertarian, liberal in views, conservative in economics. It's good in theory, but at the moment he doesn't seem likely to win many of the votes.

Look, Bernie lost California, our last shining beacon of hope, to Hillary. Yes, I'm aware that there are reports of voter fraud and a bunch of other bad things going on there, but we've been calling that in many states and nothing ever seems to turn in the favor of Bernie.

Right now, it's simple, we have Bernie supporters scrambling to find out what they want to do. Some Bernie supporters are strictly Bernie or Bust, other are planning to vote for Jill Stein, others are resigning to vote for Hillary, and some are even considering Trump.

As for now, I don't know what I'm going to do, but I know I'll never vote for Trump.

Since Hillary has won California, and even recently been endorsed by President Obama, I have heard lots of Bernie supporters speak out against Hillary. I have even heard the phrase, "Trump is better than Hillary".

Here's the problem with that. Trump's agenda is dangerous to all of us, but it is particularly dangerous to anyone of color.

I must ask you a serious question, can you look a Muslim-American in the face and tell him Trump is a better option than Hillary?

Trump has launched attacks on Muslims, Latinos, women, African-Americans, and the LGBTQ community. Sure Hillary may be controlled by Wall Street and corporate America, but at least she's not calling anyone "super-predators" anymore.

It's not a choice many of  us wanted, but it's the world we must live in. Now, if want to write in Bernie, be my guest. If you want to vote for Jill Stein or Gary Johnson, be my guest. If you want to resign and vote for Hillary, be my guest. I just ask you, no, I beg you, don't vote for Trump.

3 comments:

  1. Voting Hillary is the sell out move, stopping Hillary has been a 9 year battle and if it takes casting my vote for Trump to stop Hillary, so be it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take your head out of the sand and get some perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trump's only job is to scare you so much that Hillary seems like a reasonable alternative. The best coursa of action is to just ignore him. Don't buy the scare tactics!

    ReplyDelete